Pages

Thursday 20 March 2014

The #NoMakeUpSelfie: why I'm on board

Is it a little narcissistic? Probably. Have I done one? Check it out below. To be honest, while there has been a lot of cynicism attached to the craze (of which I was a part of at first), if it's raising money for cancer research, who the hell cares?! At the time of writing this, over ONE MILLION POUNDS had been raised for Cancer Research UK! That's freaking unbelievable!!

And to all the men out there with their "Just a bunch of silly girls doing something silly" mantra, how is it any different to Movember?! Sit back down.



I heard a crazy fact the other day: out of your taxes, cancer research receives as much as the cost of a London pint (that's about £4.50 for those of you lucky enough not to know) each year. Now I work in cancer research, and I know that £4.50 doesn't go very bloody far. So as far as I'm concerned, the more money raised, the better. 

And as a side note, I don't think the craze of telling women they look beautiful without make up is a bad thing, is it? We get up, cover our faces in glorified paint and head out to work. While I'm aware I'm less likely to scare babies with my make up on, when you step back and look at what a large proportion of Western women do, it's a bit mad no?! 

Everyone's a winner: save money on beauty products, receive a compliment or two, and most importantly (obviously), raise money for cancer research. 

So text BEAT to 70099 to donate £3 to Cancer Research UK, and let's see if we can make it to two million. 

You can also text...

"CCUK21 £3" to 70070 to donate to Children with Cancer UK
"MOBILE" to 70550 to donate £5 to Macmillan Cancer Support

Or you can go to www.breakthrough.org.uk to donate to Breakthrough Breast Cancer

No comments:

Post a Comment